A message from Oregon State Chamber of Commerce…
“The most significant issue of the past week was the final passage of the ‘American Rescue Plan’ federal aid package that will send over $2.6 billion to the Oregon legislature to fill budget holes.
With all this money coming to the state, OSCC sounded the alarm that the Oregon Legislature is still looking to raise taxes on small businesses and working Oregonians.
OSCC sounded the alarm on the following taxes:
- SB 137 – Disconnect from Federal CARES Act tax benefits for Oregon businesses
- SB 139 – Repeal of the Oregon Small Business Tax Cut
- HB 2253– Taxing PPP loans
- HB 2839 – Disconnect from Federal CARES Act tax benefits for Oregon businesses
OSCC also called attention to important tax relief legislation:
- SB 842 – Eliminates state taxes on federal stimulus checks
Finally, OSCC is looking to Friday, March 19th with a high degree of anticipation, as it is the first major deadline of the 2021 legislative session. All… Read the rest