On social media you need interaction. Without it, your content won’t get seen by your audience. But getting people to interact can be a challenge. But not anymore!
Here are 50 conversation starters for your business. That’s about two months of work-week posts already done for you!
50 Fun Questions to Get to Know Your Audience
In order to mix these up and add a little excitement, we’ve also solicited answers through emojis and GIFs. You can alter the structure of these questions in a way that fits your audience.
1. What item does your household go through the quickest?
2. What’s your favorite scent?
3. Tell us where you were born in a GIF.
4. Tell us how old you are by sharing the top song when you were born.
5. Beach house or lake house?
6. Mountains or beach?
7. Name your favorite car of all time.
8. Tell us a secret that your parents don’t know.
9. Best gift you’ve ever received.
10. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
11. What’s your favorite ice cream topping?
12. What do you call a carbonated beverage? (soda, pop, Coke?)
13. What’s the scariest movie you saw as a kid?
14. Marvel or DC?
15. Star Trek or Star Wars?
16. Name a TV show you’ve seen every episode of.
17. What show did you most recently binge watch?
18. What movie can you watch over and over?
19. What’s your favorite movie quote?
20. What celebrity do people think you look most like? Tell us in a GIF.
21. Share your favorite emoji in the comments.
22. What’s your favorite book that became a movie?
23. Tell us the name of a rock band using only emojis.
24. Fill in the blank: Country music is ________.
25. Would you rather be freezing or too hot?
26. Show us in a GIF: what’s your biggest fear.
27. What word do you always spell wrong?
28. What’s the most embarrassing autocorrect incident you’ve ever had?
29. If you had a theme song, what would it be?
30. Name the best song to listen to when cleaning your house.
31. What phrase annoys you when hear it? Or What word do you wish you could outlaw so no one would ever use it again?
32. If you had one wish that could be used to fix a problem, what would you use it for?
33. What thing do you wish you had invented?
34. You’ve been invited to a party and need to bring something that begins with the last letter of your first name. What do you bring?
35. If money was no object, what would you do for your business?
36. What did you want to be when you grew up? Show us in a GIF or emoji.
37. What do you hate that everyone else seems to love?
38. If you could choose a new first name, what would it be? Or What would your superhero name be based on what you’re best at?
39. Who do you wish you could talk to one more time?
40. If you could select a mentor from any time period, without concern of a language/knowledge barrier, who would you choose?
41. What’s your favorite sport?
42. What fictional character are you most like?
43. Tell us your favorite ice cream flavor in emojis.
44. Give us a few words from an old TV commercial jingle that you remember. We’ll try to guess the product or service.
45. What TV show should never have been canceled?
46. The best business advice I’ve ever received is…
47. Age yourself by naming a store/business that is no longer operating.
48. Name a “non-traditional” combo of tastes that you love. (Example: French fries and milk shake.)
49. What’s your morning routine?
50. If your life was a movie, what genre would it be?
Remember, when someone takes the time to share their thoughts or preferences with you make sure you respond back. The best possible way is by asking another question based on their answer. Keep the conversation going as much as possible and the social media channels will deem your content important to your audience. Plus, you’ll get to know each other a little better. Since people buy from who they know, like, and trust, that’s always a good thing.
Written by Christina R. Metcalf (formerly Green).