|A message from Oregon State Chamber of Commerce…|
Now is the time for local Chambers and local businesses to voice their support for Senate Bill 531 and the ability for businesses to be fully reimbursed for damages from state ordered economic shutdowns.
The hearing will take place TODAY, February 18th at 3:15pm in the Senate Committee On Veterans and Emergency Preparedness.
OSCC supports SB 531, as it would ensure that business could be reimbursed for actual damages from business closures required by emergency rules or order. This includes the business closures that resulted from the Governor’s Executive Order 20-12, when businesses were closed in the interest of public health and slowing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
This is your opportunity as a Chamber to weigh in with your support and talk about the impact these closures have had on your business community.
We ask that you provide written testimony prior to the hearing. You can customize the template letter provided below for talking points.
DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE LETTER
How to Submit Written Testimony on SB 531
1. Personalize the template letter provided. Letter should be on your Chamber letterhead. Please provide specific, local examples where possible.
2. Submit your letter through the Testimony Portal on the Oregon Legislative Information System (OLIS).
3. When submitting testimony, you will need to:
– Select the committee: Senate Committee On Veterans and Emergency Preparedness
– Select the hearing date: Thursday, February 18th at 3:15pm
– Select the bill you are submitting testimony on: SB 531
– You can also register to testify remotely. Please view the guide below for instructions on how to sign up. You MUST register in order to testify. Registration closes at the time the meeting begins.
DOWNLOAD “HOW TO TESTIFY” GUIDE